The IDC butt connectors employ a specially designed, wire insulation displacement contact to make a reliable electrical connection to each wire. It is easy to work with and available in a wide range of common wire gauges. Tap connectors allow direct tapping into existing solid copper conductors without interrupting service. The pre-crimp feature helps hold the wires in place until the connector is crimped and the splice is complete.
IDC: Insulation Displacement Connector
Conductor Size?: 22-18 AWG (Tap) / 18-14 AWG (Run)
Connection Type?: Double Run or Tap
Connector Style?: Insulation Displacement
Family?: IDC for Electrical Applications
Flame Retardant?: Yes
Insulation Material?: Polypropylene
Material? Insulator: FR Polypropylene, U-Contact: Tin-plated brass
Maximum Operating Temperature (Celsius)?: 105 Degree Celsius
Maximum Operating Temperature (Fahrenheit)?: 221 Degree Fahrenheit
Maximum Recommended Voltage Rating?: 600V
Maximum Wire Gauge?: 14 AWG Stranded
Minimum Wire Gauge?: 22 AWG
Voltage Application?: Low Voltage
1. The connectors are used throughout the installation, control, measurement and control technology where a pluggable electrical branch connection is desired or required.
2. Particularly in the automotive electrical, this means a decisive facilitate installation must cut no cable, strip or be re-routed.
3. Simply insert insulated cables and squeeze clasp closure, by special blade contacts the stripping is unnecessary.
4. Voltage up to about 600V.
5. Temperature resistant up to 105 °C.
100 Pcs Electrical IDC Wire Connector
High-performing polypropylene insulation ensures there are no shorts, making it ideal for complex circuits when used for parallel splicing or a tap wire.
Red connectors let you organize installations and correctly identify wire sizes (0.5-1.0mm²) with max. current 10A.
Makes it simple to connect a tap wire to a run (through) wire electrically via a self-sealing and self-stripping design.
Its design lets you use it with 22 to 18 AWG solid or stranded wire for taps or 18 to 14 AWG stranded for runs.
Easy conductivity is assured thanks to the brass element construction, and it's plated with tin for powerful corrosion resistance.